- What is Trump’s plan?
- How will Trump’s policies impact on Global financial markets, US economy and Malaysia economy
- We must have more clarity on Trump’s policies direction to give a better assessment
- Pending the extent of policy changes, trade tensions and fiscal stimulus have offsetting impacts on the US economic growth in the medium term
- The failure of TPPA means a missed opportunity for Malaysia exporters to sell more in TPPA’s participants countries. The affected sectors are electronics and electrical products, rubber products, palm oil as well as automotive components
- Expanding trade in ASEAN and countries in which Malaysia has Free Trade Agreements (FTA) with as well as the push for RCEP will be positive for boosting Malaysia’s trade prospect
- Malaysia is currently working at having FTAs with four of the 12 countries, namely the United States, Canada, Mexico and Peru, which were participating members of the TPPA
- The impact of shaken trade deals on Malaysia’s economic growth should be manageable as counteracted by domestic growth drivers, including the planned mega public infrastructure spending